What We Believe
The Bible: We believe the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, to be the only inspired, inerrant, infallible, authoritative Word of God as written in its original manuscripts.
Man: We believe that mankind was created in the image of God, sinned and thereby incurred physical death as well as spiritual death; that is, separation from God; and is now a sinner, by nature and by choice, in need of salvation. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
The Trinity: We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, who have the same nature and essence but who exist in three persons.
The Father: We believe in God the Father, creator of the universe, who sovereignly reigns over all His creation. We believe that God is righteous in all His ways and loving in all His dealings.
The Lord Jesus Christ: We believe in the full deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His substitutionary and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father. We believe that the second coming of Christ will be personal, glorious and final.
The Holy Spirit: We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling power and fullness the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life in this present evil world. We believe that the Spirit convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment; empowers the preaching and teaching of the gospel; equips the saints for effective ministry and transforms the lives of believers into the likeness of Christ.
Redemption: We believe in salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ’s substitutionary payment for our sins, not based on human merit, works or religious ceremony. We believe that all who turn by faith have been justified and adopted into the family of God. We believe that as children of God that we have been forgiven by Him and have been made heirs of eternal life.
The Church: We believe in the church, both universally and locally, as the spiritual body of which Christ is the head. The church is to worship God exclusively and to preach the truth of Jesus Christ to the entire world, demonstrating our love for God by loving service to others.
Genuine Community: CCC is committed to seeking true and genuine community among its members where people are unified in the essentials of the faith, charitable in the nonessentials, and act in love toward all. (Hebrews 10:24-25; John 13:33; 13:34)
Compassionate Outreach: CCC is committed to the proactive involvement in both word and deed demonstrating God’s grace and love at both the local, national and international level. (Matthew 28:18; Matthew 5:43-6:4)
Active Discipleship: CCC is committed to actively discipling its members toward a greater conformity to Jesus Christ. It is the desire of this body that all be made mature using and enjoying the God-given gifts in ministry. (Ephesians 4:11-16; Matthew 28:19-20; Galatians 4:19)
Cheerful Giving: CCC is committed to its members giving both thoughtfully and cheerfully as a reflection of our faith and appreciation for all that God has given us. (II Corinthians 9:6-7)
Loving Obedience: CCC is committed to its members growing in the knowledge of Christ’s love, desiring to move away from willful sin in their lives, and their faithfulness and obedience to God’s law. (II Corinthians 7:1; Exodus 20:2-17; Malachi 3:10)
Developing Christ-Centered Leaders: CCC is committed to maturing Christian leaders who are committed to teaching the word, praying for fellow believers and for those who are lost, and ministering to God’s people. (I Tim 3:1-7; 5:17; I Titus 1:5-9)
We are in friendly cooperation with the Southern Baptist Convention.
Our Membership Covenant
I will love God's glory by:
- attending church faithfully, (Hebrews 10:25)
- giving regularly, (1 Corinthians 16:2; Proverbs 3:9)
- praying earnestly for the health and growth of the members of Christ Covenant Church, (1 Thessalonians 1:2; 5:17)
- living a God-centered life, and (Matthew 22:37)
- bringing up such children as may be entrusted to my care in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. (Ephesians 6:4)
- following the leadership of the church and submitting to principles of church restoration (Hebrews 13:7, 17; Matthew 18:15-20)
- seeking honest and open communication with the leadership when I have concerns (Ephesians 4:15, 29-31)
I will love God's people by:
- being slow to take offense and quick to forgive and seek forgiveness, (James 1:19)
- exercising Christian care and watchfulness over others, (Galatians 6:1-2; Hebrews 3:12-13)
- refusing to participate in gossip, (Ephesians 4:29)
- serving the ministry of the church by discovering my gifts and talents, (1 Peter 4:10-11)
- developing a servant's heart, and (Philippians 2:3-4)
- loving and praying for all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Thessalonians 1:3-12)
I will love God's world by:
- inviting the unchurched to attend and warmly welcoming those who visit, (Luke 14:23)
- walking circumspectly in the world and doing what is honorable in the sight of all, (Romans 12:17; Colossians 1:10)
- endeavoring, by example through words, service and prayer, to proclaim to others that Jesus Christ is Savior and Lord. (Matthew 28:9-20)